Friday, April 3, 2015

Kraft + Black + One other color Die Cut Challenge

It is my turn to choose a challenge theme at Cut It Up and I chose "Black+Kraft+One Other Color."  I hope this creative color challenge inspires you to create a card/layout/project; don't forget to include a die cut!

Now that the big snows are over and Spring is right around the corner, I am doing a major purge in my craft room.  I have not done a major purge in three years, so it is time to get rid of some of my supplies and make a little money to buy some more LOL!  If you are near the Washington D.C. area, I am participating in a "Bargain Basement Bonanza" (craft supplies sale...priced to sell) on Saturday, April 11th.  Please e-mail me if you would like details.  

Currently my desk area is piled with odds and ends that inspire me and I don't want to part with.  The inspiration for my cloud card came from an idea on Pinterest and the papers on the top of the desk pile :)


Recipe:
Cricut cartridge "Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2" p.39 cut @ 1.5", then using the "flip" function cut at 1".  I embossed the smaller cut out cloud with Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots."  The sequins is from Neat and Tangled; sentiment is an Imaginisce "Snag 'em" stamp; the papers, floss and button were in my stash from a retired card kit.

Create your die cut project using kraft, black, and one other color and you could win a $15 gift certificate to Stinkin Cute!

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Windy Hills said...

Absolutely adorable! I am cloud 9 after seeing your card.

Anonymous said...

Great use of negative space, and the colors are really soothing! Good luck with your purge. Whatever is left can be donated to your school's art department!

Evelyn

~amy~ said...

Awesome June!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is fabulous! LOVING the clouds!!!!!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

GREAT CARD! I love how you used the negative and the color combos are super. I entered the challenge but I struggles. I would love to case your card sometime in the future. Good luck on your cleaning and purging of your craft room!