Friday, December 30, 2011

Kraft Delight! (Two kraft happy cards) & Artful Delight kit reveal

  I really enjoy kraft card stock; it seems to work well with any color scheme.  I wanted to play along in the current challenge at The Kraft Journal:  try something new.  Santa took advantage of the black friday sale on the Cricut Imagine.  Yes, I was very good this year :)

  Can you believe this machine comes with three cartridges plus pre-loaded images?  I just had to try it out, and look what I made:

  The faux stitching is pre-printed on the diamond mat, but I re-traced with my black marker for a little more  "pop."  I inked the edges with my black ink pad too.  Then I added my own faux stitching with my marker to the bird and branch.  I chose the "layers" option on the imagine for added dimension.  I actually printed out the bird 3 times: the first is glued down flat, the second is popped up, and the third I fussy cut the wing and popped it up too.  The orange seam binding is from my December Artful Delight kit.  Then I layered on a kraft card base.  My sentiment is from My Pink Stamper "Punny-licious" set.

And the kraft happiness did not end there!  My dh's cousin (and his wife) will be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary on Tuesday.  They are two of our favorite people in the whole world.  My DT sister, Abby (I think of her as "Fab Abby") created this card using the Artful Delight December kit, and I just had to CASE it.  Here is my version:
The December card kits sold out awhile ago, but you can still get the scrapbook kit!  The kits are loaded with goodies for hours and hours of entertainment.  The kraft card bases I used above (and envelopes) are included in the January Artful Delight kits...here is a little peek at both the January SCRAPBOOK kit and the CARD kit:

**EDIT: Leeanne forgot to add the Pink Jute in the picture. Each kit will include approx. 4 yards of Pink Jute from Really Reasonable Ribbon.**

SCRAPBOOK KIT
this kit will include


My Mind's Eye - Kraft Funday collection 12x12 sheet (1 each)

Admit One
Pinwheel Party
Celebration Paper
Front Page News
Remember This
Picnic Paper

Jillibean Soup - Hearty Barley collection 12x12 sheet (1 each)

Canola Oil
Quick Cooking Barley

Studio Calico - Memoir collection 12x12 sheet (1 each)

Cupboard
Wallpaper
Homestead
Book Jacket
Linen
Flower Bed

Coordination cardstock - Bazzill 12x12 sheet (1 each)

Kisses
Papaya
Kraft
Avalanche
Strawberry Splash

Embellishments - size and color may vary per kit
1 package - My Mind's Eye- Kraft Funday collection - Happy Days Circle Garland
2 - Jillibean Soup - Brown Felt Blossoms
10 - Studio Calico - Cloud Chip shapes
1 package - My Mind's Eye - Kraft Funday collection - Everyday Fun Rhinestones
1 - Studio Calico - Huey's Masks - Intertwined Circles
1 sheet - Studio Calico - Kraft Butterfly Stickers
1 package - My Mind's Eye - Kraft Funday - Happy Days Layered Stickers
1 package - American Crafts Thickers - Sunrise (chipboard stickers)
1 bottle - Studio Calico - Mister Huey's Color Mist - Cameo
1 yard - Red Twine - Really Reasonable Ribbon
1 yard - Pink Twine - Really Reasonable Ribbon
1 yard - Creative Impressions - Red Crepe Ribbon
4 yards - Pink Jute - Really Reasonable Ribbon


CARD KIT

this kit will include
My Mind's Eye - Kraft Funday collection 6x6 sheets (2 each)

Admit One
Pinwheel Party
Celebration Paper
Front Page News
Remember This
Picnic Paper

Jillibean Soup - Hearty Barley collection 6x6 sheets (2 each)

Canola Oil
Quick Cooking Barley

Studio Calico - Memoir collection 6x6 sheets (2 each)

Cupboard
Wallpaper
Homestead
Book Jacket
Linen
Flower Bed

Coordination cardstock - Bazzill 8 1/2 x 11 (4 each)

Kisses
Papaya
Strawberry Splash

Embellishments - size and color may vary per kit
1 package - My Mind's Eye- Kraft Funday collection - Happy Days Buttons
2 - Jillibean Soup - Brown Felt Blossoms
10 - Studio Calico - Cloud Chip shapes
1 package - My Mind's Eye - Kraft Funday collection - Everyday Fun Rhinestones
1 - Studio Calico - Huey's Masks - Intertwined Circles
1 sheet - Studio Calico - Kraft Butterfly Stickers
8 note cards & envelopes - Jillibean Soup - Kraft
1 stamp set - Basic Grey/Hero Arts - Life of the Party Birthday
1 bottle - Studio Calico - Mister Huey's Color Mist - Cameo
1 yard - Red Twine - Really Reasonable Ribbon
1 yard - Pink Twine - Really Reasonable Ribbon
1 yard - Creative Impressions - Red Crepe Ribbon
1 1/2 yards - White Seam Binding - Really Reasonable Ribbon
4 yards - Pink Jute - Really Reasonable Ribbon

Lots of kraft happiness here!  Why not pick up an Artful Delight January kit and play along at The Kraft Journal?  The January kits are selling like hot cakes!  There is only one scrapbook kit left and a few card kits.  Pre-order for January by sending an email to Leeanne:  leeanne@artfuldelight.com


Enjoy your weekend and be safe :)

11 comments:

Chris said...

Hi June! I'm very happy that Santa was good to you and is always on the look out for a bargain :D. Your card is so beautiful, bright and cheerful, love that little bird. Wishing you a very happy new year. Hugs, Chris.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Both of these are GORGEOUS!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the colors and love love love love love what you did to the bird! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy said...

Wow- I love both cards!! Have fun playing with your imagine! I love how you layered the image you printed and made it your own! Happy New Year! :)Amy

~amy~ said...

love love love your cards...the colors are absolutely delish!

CraftyShell said...

Love those papers on happy for you card

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards, June!

Lezlye said...

Great Cards June!

Jill said...

June, thanks for linking up! You're always welcome to join, starts every Sunday and ends Saturday. Love your cards! ♥ Jill

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from Jaihart Link Up Party.
Imagine getting something that wonderful with the Imagine. I had bought the Imagine at the WalMart Black Friday sale. It did not work. They did not have a replacement and Provocraft was offering me a refurbished one but hey I bought a new one expecting to get a new one & one that worked also. So, I returned it and will stay with the Cricut.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

I LOVE the color combos!! So happy...and your faux stitching gave just the right pop!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Heather May Holbrook said...

Stopping by from Jill's linky party- your cards are so bright and pretty! Love the orange and blue :)
Hugs,
Heather