Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tea Bag Folding: The Cuttlebug Spot # 28

My first attempt at tea bag folding. I love entering challenges because it encourages me to think and create differently. The Cuttlebug Spot certainly did that for me with this challenge :)

I used text weight daffodil paper, since pretty tea bags are difficult to come by in the U.S.
I would like to try this technique again in the future; perhaps I will even try some different folds.

I didn't know how I was going to turn this into a card. I started with the large gem brad (Bazzill) and two primas behind it for the flower center. Then I went in search of coordinating papers. I decided on this textured cardstock and designer paper from a Stampin' Up! Simply Scrappin' kit. I cut the designer paper and used my Birds & Swirls embossing folder. I layered my tea bag flower on a scalloped circle I cut using my Nestibilities. Then I was stuck. I happened upon an old sketch by Julee; it was Mojo Monday # 46 sketch. I then went through my smaller gem brads (also by SU!) and found exactly four. Don't you love when that happens? For the sentiment I used my Nesties again and stamped the sentiment (by SU!). Not bad for a first try :)

17 comments:

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, this is stunning---really! Love the tea folding tech. You did a really great job........d

Chrissy's Creations said...

Oh my gosh, your card is just so pretty.

Leslie Hanna said...

Bingo again! You are on a challenge roll!

If I have not already given it away, I have a whole book of tea bag papers you can have. :-)

lauren bergold said...

it's called "teabag" folding b/c it originally used *pretty* teabags as decorations??! huh! who knew? as usual, you are a fount of papercraftin' info!

looooooooove that sunflower paper...and those yummy blingy brads...and yeah...i like challenges for EXACTLY the same reason!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for your comment.. This was a fun challenge and got me back into tea folding after so long...
Your card is beautiful, I love the sunflower paper, and how soft this card is...

Kristie said...

Your first attmept at tea bag folding went alot better than mine....this turned out absolutely gorgeous June...LOVE IT ♥

scrapperjulia said...

This is really pretty, love the colors, great job with the challenge!

Cassie said...

i am so impressed june!! your medallion came out great and i love the touch of gems too!

Windy Hills said...

You have hit the mark! Tea bag folding is a lost art, but you have brought it back into an art form. This card was put together so perfectly!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! I love the colors, the papers, the whole thing! Well done gf!

Ila said...

Wow!! this is just Gorgeous!! the papers and colors are Beautiuful and it looks like you've been doing it forever!!...I am going to have to try this!!....Hugs, Ila

Shari said...

This looks just Perfect! Great job!

Chris said...

Stunning card June, and a brilliant first attempt at tea bag folding, I'm sure I wouldn't get anything like that result if I tried! A very elegant card. Hugs, Chris

Bamabel said...

Just gorgeous! I adore it!

Thanks for joining us this week at The Cuttlebug Spot!

Aymee

Chrissie said...

This is amother beauty. What a stellar card-maker you are.
Chrissie

DonnaMundinger said...

Ooh June this is gorgeous! Love the fold you did. The tea bag folding really was fun. There's a link on TCS and my blog for a site where you can print tea bag tiles if you ever want to try this again. Thanks for joining us last week. sorry I'm so slow at getting over here. xxD

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

No Bad? It's freaking AWESOME!
I LOVE IT!!! xox jean